After being interviewed by the funny and brilliant podcasters, Susanne and Missy, I was reminded how befriending mistakes gives you permission to do the things you want to do.
We talked about The Lighthouse Method and giving ourselves permission to:
- Do things we truly enjoy, and
- Take baby steps to discover what we want to do with our lives.
They asked good questions and as a result, I shared a lot of mistakes I’ve made and lessons I’ve learned.
Moreover, the conversation got me thinking about how befriending mistakes can help you to…
- Remember that you’re human, forgive yourself or show yourself some grace,
- Glean invaluable life lessons that you could not have learned otherwise,
- Get over fears of making future mistakes,
- Understand that someday you may be able to see some “good” in the “bad” things that have happened to you,
- Give yourself permission to move on, try new things, or try things you might truly enjoy.
Finally, I’m so grateful to my new friends Susanne and Missy, for allowing me to reflect on all of these topics and so much more!